Friday, May 8, 2009

New generation

Me and my brother were thinking and it made me happy :D Our generation is so different from that of our parents...as in family wise. Our parent's family's are so big, my mum has 5 other brothers and sisters and my dad has 6. So Sunday lunch is always a must, and it's a big event..all my uncles and aunts shouting over plates of hot food, wine in abundance, cousins running around annoying everyone. Then there's the ritual of washing the plates where everyone has a job to do with rolling sleeves, and finally there's the coffee and talk of money or the recent disaster going on...I'm sure ure all familiar.

But...

Our generation only consists of 5 children Max. Speaking for us, we're only me and my brother...so we were thinking Sunday lunches will be really fun. Though not in the way mentioned above. It won't be a ritual..sometimes at mine sometimes at his with our children and husbands/wives hehe. And then we kept thinking (only children fear not) that we could really imagine oursleves going to our friends house for Sunday brunch, lunch, breakfast whatever...and the thought made me really happy...our family become our friends, and the feeling is very different. So different from the previous relationship. No more groans for Sunday lunch in the future :D

5 Comments:

  1. Simon said...
    woots...nothing wrong with wine in abondance though
    Rachel said...
    the nameless brother XD

    We ended up giving up on going to my nanna for Sunday lunch we're simply too many, and my nanna refuses to let any one else help her cook... And the arguments about whether the sun is a planet or a star (picture one stubborn uncle against the rest of us) and what the capital of the netherlands is (same uncle, who thinks my mother is wrong about her own country XD)

    but yes, that does sound like what this generation will likely be doing (:
    Nessa said...
    Hehe i just realised i never said 'simon' thats odd lol. Yes sounds maltese hehe xD
    Matt said...
    The Sunday eating arrangements are somewhat complicated if Simon's going to be living on my couch for a few years... :P

    I love the thought though, looking forward to it already XD
    nessa said...
    No this thought was further on matt, its wen he finds the person who produces all the little simons for him xD

Post a Comment