Friday, April 24, 2009

Glass box




Yesterday I had an epiphany and ignored it, today I'm writing about it and adapting it to my life :)
I will start from the beginning:

Yesterday I was walking to the St. Julians church from teaching Catechism, and as I was walking through Spinola and that area, I got really happy. It was perfect weather being 6 o'clock and still light. Spinola looked very picturesque, and I was very happy to be there. The sun was shining softly and I felt the heat on my back. With JJ Heller in my ear and the people in the streets conventionally relaxed I felt the world was a very good place. I really felt God there at that moment. I started remembering who God is - God. He can do ALL! He can help me pass my exams, and get A's. He is the God who can help me through financial, emotional and physical problems, He is the God who can get me a car, He is the God who saved me from death. He is the God who can move mountains, He is the God who rises the sun for me, He is GOD!!

So after this very happy walk, I decided to go thank Him, so I went to the adoration chapel in the St. Julians church. When I sat down I realised the Eucharist was put in a glass box (which is not unusual at all). But it got me thinking. We put God in a box. He tells us He can take away all our worries, and yet as human beings, we try to put Him in a box. We limit his work. He wants to use us to our fullest potential, and we let Him use us to our least (if we let Him use us at all). We tend to put Him in a glass box where we can see Him, He can see us, but we just don't let Him out to work.

I couldn't wait to get back out and walk with God again. I've decided to open my glass box, and let Him out. I can now reach my fullest potential with God.

6 Comments:

  1. krissie said...
    That post made me happy, made me think, made me sad and then made me happy again...I think I'll go for a walk...Thanks Van :)
    Matt said...
    XD

    Why is it that I always feel like that except when I try to study? :P

    Gbu vanny
    Simon said...
    walkies with God are nice... :)
    nice post Ness
    Bernie said...
    nicely written :-) soo true!! Faith isn't faith until its everything we are holding on to! x x x GB
    Rachel said...
    I like the way you think ^^ pretty post! Gb (:

    (sorry, the captcha is too good: carot XD)
    nessa said...
    Thanks for the comments hehe..now you read it...live it :D

Post a Comment